15 April 2020
There are a couple of different methods on how to manage cancellations on your SalonIQ software system. Did you…? 1. Cancel them out of my stylists/therapists columns 2. Add a unique word into the membership field on the client record card 3. Left the appointments in the diary, they’re still booked in
Any of the above will allow you to target your clients and get them booked in your salon again, some methods quicker than others.
1. Cancel them out of my stylists/therapists columns If you have used this method, the quickest and easiest way to view all your cancelled clients is to run the cancellation report. Go to Main menu -> Reports -> Appointments -> Cancelled appointments This will allow you to manually contact your clients.
2. Add a unique word into the membership field on the client record card Open a client record card -> Enter a unique word in the ‘Membership No’ field -> Click save This allows you to pull out any client that has a unique word in their profile into a client selection for you to save and then send an SMS or email to them. To do this go to Main menu -> Communication -> Client selection -> New blank ->Enter new description -> Select a ‘Type’ – ‘SMS’ / ‘Email’ or ‘All Types’ -> Drag the ‘Membership’ filter into the middle -> Click on the members box -> Enter your unique word (exact wording and spacing) -> Click ‘Save & Get client count’ -> Click ‘View Clients’ -> You then have the option to send an SMS blast or Eblast. The importance of this area is to know your strategy for these cancellations in preparation for your re-launch, as well as taking action when your doors do finally open.
3. Left them in the diary, they’re still booked in Another method you can easily use to send an SMS or Email to your clients in one go. Go to Main menu -> Communication -> Client selection -> Click ‘New blank’ -> Type name of new selection -> Drag the filter ‘Has future bookings’ -> Click on ‘Date range’ -> Click on ‘All time’ and then ‘Custom date range’ -> Change the dates to the period you have been in lockdown for -> Click ‘Save & Get client count’ -> Click ‘View Clients’ -> You then have the option to send an SMS blast or Eblast.
According to the media coverage, TV, socials, and Celebrity Gossip, HAIR has been a rather hot topic. We have been drowning in tutorials and ‘how to do your hair at home’ articles. We may still have limitations imposed on how we run our salons, but YOU WILL BE IN DEMAND as soon as you open your doors. START NOW to open your business for bookings. Maybe choose a date and let your clients know you are working towards that date and that they can provisionally book the time and day they want. There is nothing wrong with being amongst the 1st, just make sure your date is realistic. Tell your clients how much you are looking forward to seeing them. Online bookings will allow your clients to book in their own time for the date you are aiming towards. You can schedule your salon as closed in SalonIQ up to a certain date. Click on the settings cog on the right hand side of your appointment book -> Schedule Opening Times
Do you want to be productive but you don’t know when you will re-open? Again be one step ahead, let your clients know you have a waiting list, ready for you to take action on when you know you will be open.
1. Who do I book in first? You could see this as a first come first served. Or if you have used the stand-by list then you could reach out to all those on the list first. Then work through the list from the first day you closed to the present day and get them booked.
2. I cancelled all my clients appointments how do I get them in client selections? All cancellations will show on the ‘Cancellation report’, however, this will not be evident in your client selections. DON’T PANIC, ALL IS NOT LOST! Simply follow the steps as mentioned above in ‘STEP 2’. Enter a unique word in ‘Membership number’ (ie covid) and use this trigger in your ‘client selection’ field.
Remember you can use SalonIQ software on any device via the browser or Mac Hub App from the App Store. Focus and Prepare. If you need any help with the above selections please do contact out Salon Success team on 01892 280 123 opt. 1